who we serve
Consultant pharmacists provide oversight role for the entire spectrum of pharmaceutical services in the subacute facility and seek to promote optimal drug therapy, resulting in positive patient outcomes.
The New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services regulations for Subacute Care Services require facilities to retain a consultant pharmacist who has no affiliation with the pharmacy provider of facility medications.
- Provide direction and oversight regarding all aspects of routine and emergency drug acquisition, disposition, handling, storage, accountability, and administration.
- Perform comprehensive drug-regimen review and provide recommendations to appropriate professional and nursing facility personnel.
- Participate with facility professional staff in quality improvement requirements and standards for maintaining licensure.
- Serve as an educational and informational resource.
- Support your survey preparation with an interdisciplinary approach.